[iw] - Microsoft president: The only reason we know about SolarWinds hack is because FireEye told us

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Feb 23 18:17:01 EST 2021

Microsoft president: The only reason we know about SolarWinds hack is because FireEye told us

	• The massive hack into government systems through a software contractor would have remained unknown by the public if not for one company’s decision to be transparent about a breach of its systems, Microsoft President Brad Smith told lawmakers at a hearing Tuesday.
	• Smith’s testimony highlights how cybersecurity incidents can potentially go undisclosed.
	• He planned to tell lawmakers that private sector companies should be required to be transparent about significant breaches of their systems.

< - >

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/23/microsoft-exec-brad-smith-praises-fireeye-in-solarwinds-hack-testimony.html