[iw] - Xerox legal threat reportedly silences researcher at Infiltrate security conference

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Mar 3 07:33:08 EST 2021

(x-posted ... here we go again. c/o DM --rick)

Xerox legal threat reportedly silences researcher at Infiltrate security conference

A legal demand has allegedly prevented a security conference speaker from holding a talk on Xerox printers.

On February 18, a copy of a notice published by Infiltrate security conference organizers was posted to Twitter. The statement revealed that a planned talk by Raphaël Rigo, a security researcher from Airbus Security Lab, was canceled.

The presentation was due to happen on February 18 at 11:00 EST. However, with what appeared to be less than an hour to go, Infiltrate said the event was canceled and “apologized for the inconvenience”.

Cease and desist

“I regret to inform you that we received notification this morning that ‘pending legal action’ we cannot present Raphaël’s Xerox research,” the notice from Infiltrate reads.

“Sadly, we must cancel the event today. We must cease and desist publication, presentation, and discussions related to the content of Raphaël’s talk.”

< - >

https://portswigger.net/daily-swig/xerox-legal-threat-reportedly-silences-researcher-at-infiltrate-security-conference